Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fairy Lights - F is for Fairy

'Fairy Lights' 
5 x 7 watercolor on paper
$100 plus $7 US shipping/$15 International


“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”
― John Lennon

I saw this young woman at the zoo last year. And she wasn't wearing wings (not to say they weren't there. . . You just couldn't see them ;). I loved the swish of her dress, and the colors of her sun struck skin against her dark hair. But most of all what I loved was her gesture of holding her hand at her throat. I just so happened to catch her at the right moment and I've wondered ever since what it was that made her do that? Was it some news she had just heard, or maybe this was just one of those unconscious things she did when she heard something funny, or felt uncomfortable. 

In any case there was some magic about her that day it seemed. So I thought it only fitting to give her wings.  and a few will o' the wisps for companions. :) 

This is F in my alphabet series, for Fairy! Now it's time to go on to the next.

8 comments:

  1. F is also for Fantastic, Crystal!!! I absolutely love this watercolor. I love the dark background..and how the light is hitting her.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful, Crystal, a fairy indeed! Glad you told us the story. Hope all is well with the Cook crew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I love her swishy dress too and all the sunlit colours... She makes a lovely fairy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal, that is such a beautiful and imaginative interpretation of a scene ... a gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal,
    I have missed a few in your alphabet series in recent days. With my blog in the wrong hands I was really lost. Anyways coming back here and seeing all this art you have created is unbelievable. I loved D for dancer. Those warm and cool color combos used so well, while maintaining the tonality is just genius. And I believe in fairies too. I do believe in magic. And who should not believe in magic after seeing this beauty? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Love how that simple gesture captured your imagination

    ReplyDelete
  7. Online Pokies 2019: read the best reviews and play successfully. Just open more tips and tricks here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails