Monday, July 29, 2013

I is for. . . Iron Man SOLD

'Iron Man' 
4 x 4 inches 
watercolor on paper SOLD

Back to work with my alphabet series. 'I' is for, you guessed it, Iron Man - Lego style. In our house, superheroes and Legos are king. 
I got my kids involved with this painting, because I could NOT find Iron Man's tiny Lego mask. And well, without his mask he's just Tony Stark, which while Tony Stark is awesome, he is not quite as awesome as Iron Man. ;) Also Tony starts with a T. ;)

So, we took a bunch of photos of all different kinds of Lego guys, Batman and Catwoman, Storm Troopers and Jedis, and the riders of Rohan and the Uruk Hai army. Not sure that I'll get to painting all of them, but it was a lot of fun. And I organized all the Legos while we were at it for about the hundredth time. Let's hope they stay that way for more than a month.  

We've got a bunch of home improvement projects going on right now, and I am loaded with commissions (a good thing :) so I may need to take a break from this series for a little while, but I'll be back to it for sure. Hopefully soon because it is a lot of fun. 

Huzzah to you my friends! May your week be filled with cupcakes and acts of superheroism! 

Listening to: "The Ballad of John Henry" by Joe Bonamassa
Reading: The Unwanteds
Watching: Supernatural reruns
Snacking on: half baked, fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies
Drinking: diet Coke with lime 

6 comments:

  1. Crystal although I don't paint or anything it was wonderful seeing how you made Iron Man. It was super nostalgic and I almost wish I had my Lego Ninjas again!

    I definitely plan on following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A VERY nice piece, Crystal...Commissions come first...so we'll be waiting patiently for your next painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little Iron Man, Crystal! And I can just see you and the boys organizing a photo shoot of all the Lego SuperHeroes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you will paint absolutely anything and turn it in to a mini-masterpiece! Iron-Man is awesome and it's so nice to get the mini-cooks involved too :0)It sounds like you are one busy Artist right now and finding time to be creative in the home too. Good luck and enjoy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your plate is full, all good stuff, but full. Take care of yourself in all the busy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that list you do at the end of your post. I will look up that song! And Iron Man is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails